I Want to Help
I Need Help
I Want to Help
Media | Events
TO DONATE, you can make a cheque payable to Community Connection and drop it off at 275 First Street, Unit 14 on the second floor or, you can donate online and get an instant tax receipt at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/collingwood-and-district-information-centre/
REGISTRY WISH LIST: You may also view and donate to our registry. Here’s how:
- Select the items you would like to purchase. The site will direct you to either Walmart.ca or Canadiantire.ca, depending on which item was selected.
- At checkout select ‘ship to store’ or ‘pick up in store’, there is no shipping cost associated with this option.
- The registry is a ‘wish list’ to act as a guideline for supplies and items that the shelter requires to operate. Please feel free to purchase items from any retailer/brand.
- Email Tracy O’Neill at email@example.com and she will arrange to pick your item(s) up from the store or from another location.
TO VOLUNTEER, please follow the instructions below.
- Review, complete and sign this Volunteer Application that includes Community Connection’s Code of Conduct. Information and details of responsibilities for the available volunteer positions are described in the application. Please remember to check off which of the positions you are interested in volunteering for. You may apply to more than one type of position.
- Please drop off your application at Community Connection’s satellite office at New Life Church located in the east wing (look for the sandwich board) or, you can scan and email your signed and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your application will only be accepted for review if all areas are complete with signatures.
- Once your application is accepted, you will be contacted to attend an upcoming training session. Training sessions are approximately 2 hours in duration and will be hosted in Collingwood at New Life Church.
- All selected and trained volunteers will be provided their schedule for shifts on a bi-weekly basis, which will commence on the week of December 2nd, 2019 when the shelter opens for the winter season until April 30, 2020.
GIFT CARDS: We need over 1,000,$10 gift cards every season for guests to use for a local breakfast. Consider challenging your co-workers, friends, family and others to help. Cards can be dropped off at The Telus Store at 99 Balsam Street in Collingwood or, can be mailed to Out Of The Cold, c/o Community Connection at PO Box 683, Collingwood, ON, L9Y 3E8
Questions regarding donations and fundraising? Please email us at email@example.com
For up-to-date news including information on specific immediate needs, please follow us on FACEBOOK at https://www.facebook.com/OutoftheColdCollingwood/