I Want to Help
I Need Help
I Want to Help
Media | Events
TO MAKE A FINANCIAL DONATION, you can donate online and get an instant tax receipt here or, you can make a cheque payable to Community Connection and mail it to PO Box 683, Collingwood, ON L9Y 4E8.
WISH LIST: If you are able to help with supplies we need, it is always greatly appreciated! As our needs change rapidly, we would be most grateful to receive gift cards from grocery stores or department stores ( eg Giant Tiger, Walmart, etc) so we can get the supplies that are most needed. Please contact email@example.com to arrange pick up or drop-off.
PLEASE NOTE that we are unable to accept donations of household items, clothing, outwear and footwear as we do not have storage capacity at this time.
ATTENTION HOME CHEFS
We’re looking for meal donations of 12-16 portions of a prepared dinner meal. Examples: casserole, lasagna, soup, meatloaf, curry or stews. We also appreciate baked goods such as muffins or cookies. All donors who wish to contribute fresh meal donations MUST be pre-approved and follow strict protocols and fresh meal donations not pre-approved will have to be turned away. For more information or to sign up as a meal donor, please contact Dana Kaluzny, at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPLES AND FOOD for our guests who are self-isolating during the COVID-19 pandemic (in order of current priority needs).
- Gift cards for grocery stores such as Loblaws, Metro, Walmart, etc. are a huge help in allowing us to quickly purchase whatever we may need
- Tim Hortons gift cards so guests can buy bags of coffee for their rooms
- Juice boxes (100% fruit juice, or low sugar, if possible)
- Fresh or frozen vegetables – carrots, celery, cucumbers OR a vegetable tray of prepared cut-up vegetables
- Apple sauce (nonsweetened)
- Boxes of cereal (higher fiber and/or whole grain
- Instant Oatmeal packages
- Assorted fruit cups (in water if possible)
- Soft granola, protein or fiber bars (example: Soft and Chewy Granola bars, Nutragrain bars)
- Instant soup packages or cartons (no cans please)
- Sealed full boxes of plastic sandwich bags
- Sealed full boxes of small-medium size freezer bags
- Sealed packages of reusable food containers (small-medium square or rectangular size for individual meal portions)
- Lysol disinfectant wipes
- Crackers and/or cracker and cheese/hummus snack packs (example: Ritz, Summer Fresh or equivalent
- types of brands)
- Mixed snack packs (example: Bits and Bites)
- Pudding cups
- Sealed cases of gloves